Project Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRL Protests.

3 posters

Go down

IRL Protests. Empty IRL Protests.

Post  Sonic Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 am

Ok, don't want to sound like a dick here or anything, but why do we need to be Anonymous (as in the group) at IRL online censorship protests?

Just a couple of thoughts, we want to get members of the public involved yeah? Start a facebook group (not the one thats there already WITH A FUCKING MEME AS ITS LOGO) that purports to be a legitimate group who want freedom of speech online. make a website and everything too, get a forum up etc. We need the support of the public, but we don't necessarily need them to know they're supporting us. If we can co-ordinate protests in multiple countries at multiple times then we're doing what most governments can't even do.

The idea of having co-ordinated protests in many places is still relatively new, and still very impressive on the mind. If you watch the news and see "1,000 people protest in London" it doesn't sound that interesting, but "1,000 people protest in London, Paris, Berlin, Washington, New York" its usually followed by the line "governments worldwide shit themselves."

just a couple of thoughts, perhaps i'm missing the point, but power doesn't come from having a name, even if people on the streets don't know its Anonymous doing it, everyone on the chans will, everyone we fuck with will. It might even be an idea to keep our names out of the news completely, divide up the project and do it under the names of different groups (the internet censorship one could be The Coalition for Freedom Online, or something like that). Don't let it link to us, then afterwards simply send out a news package to a few news corporations with details of everything we did, even then we needn't say it was us, just let them know it was all one group and let them know we're that powerful.

Sonic

Back to top Go down

IRL Protests. Empty Re: IRL Protests.

Post  richard Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Protip: There isnt or has there ever been a group called Anonymous. Anonymous just refers to being unknown ie: on the internet. IRL anonymous doesnt exist despite what cancerous protestfags may believe

richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonic Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:51 am

I know this, but i use it to describe this group. If this group consists of more than people from just /b/ then it's easier to just call us Anonymous.

Sonic

Back to top Go down

Post  nzm1536 Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:05 am

Concept of Anonymous as a group is quite hard to define because no-one is a full-time Anon. People are Anon if they agree with the actions but 'leave' when they disagree. Anonymous is very diverse and that's why it's extremely hard to find some worldview defining if someone is an Anon - freedom, privacy, (to some extent) individualism and internet culture are very common but not universal.

About protesting as Anonymous - in my opinion, there should be many people protesting as themselves but we need some masked protesters with internet-related 'insignia' just to show that certain people connected with internet culture do oppose to certain groups (like scientology) or goverment actions (like censorship). I don't see problem with it, it just shows that protests are not only for people from 'somewhere else' but also for those who are active in the interbutts.

nzm1536

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down